The San Diego Enamel Guild is always excited to welcome new members.
Levels of Membership
• Associate Membership
Associate members receive our monthly newsletter and are welcome at our social events. The cost for an associate membership is $15.00 for individuals who wish their newsletter sent to an email address or via postal service in the United States. The cost for associate membership where newsletters are mailed through the postal service to addresses in Canada and Mexico is $20.00; $25.00 for postal service to other countries. Please print and fill out an Associate Member Application. Click here. Make checks payable to San Diego Enamel Guild. Mail to: SDEG Associate Membership, 6858 Brooklyn Avenue, San Diego, CA. 92114, USA. Include preference for email or hard copy; include name and address to which the newsletter should be sent. Or pay now with PAYPAL.
• Full Membership
Full members must be “juried in”. This is not as intimidating as it sounds. We ask that you fill out an application (see link below) and select at least 5 pieces of your artwork which represent the artwork you will be placing in our studio for sale. Your application and artwork will be reviewed by our board members. We are looking for quality of workmanship, commitment to the art form and the desire to be an active and productive member of our community. If you are not accepted by the jury, reasons will be given, as well as suggestions for improvement and encouragement to try again.
• Benefits of Full Membership:
1. Use of studio equipment
Studio equipment includes kilns, a brake shear, a hydraulic press, an expanding drum lapidary machine, a flexshaft type handpiece, hand tools and more. As a full member, you will have access to this equipment while working in the studio.
2. A place to show and sell your work
Our displays are maintained by a member with professional experience in the jewelry industry. Security cameras are in place for theft prevention.
3. Be part of Spanish Village Art Center
Be a part of the larger art community that is Spanish Village Art Center, a city owned educational complex consisting of 37 studios, 6 guilds and patio artists. Various activities take place throughout the year offering artists an environment of collaboration. Learn more about Spanish Village Art Center, click here.
4. Receive our Monthly Newsletter
In addition to news about Studio 5, the newsletter contains educational articles, enameling "tips and tricks" and information about workshops and other educational opportunities.
• Requirements of Full Membership:
1. Must be a resident of San Diego County
2. Must be accepted through "jury in" process
3. Payment of yearly dues of $70.00 due in June. Dues are prorated as necessary
4. Provide a copy of your City of San Diego "Business Tax Certificate". See www.sandiego.gov for more information
5. A percentage of each sale is given to the guild for operating expenses
6. Manage the studio on your assigned days. Studio hours are 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
7. Complete a minimum of three training days with a full member before managing the studio by yourself
• Ready to apply for membership? Great!
1. Fill out this form: San Diego Enamel Guild Application and submit it to email@example.com or bring it to Studio 5
2. You will be contacted to schedule your jury date
3. Bring a minimum of five examples of your artwork on your scheduled date and time
• Not quite ready to join, but want more information
Contact the San Diego Enamel Guild, 619-233-3672, firstname.lastname@example.org
We sincerely appreciate your interest in the San Diego Enamel Guild.